Melbourne is locking in another blockbuster decider, with Victoria securing the 2026 Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final and bringing the biggest day on the netball calendar back to town.
The premiership clash will hit John Cain Arena on Saturday 4 July, further cementing the city’s reputation as Australia’s major events capital. It also means a welcome boost for the visitor economy, with thousands of fans expected to travel in for the showdown.
The announcement follows a strong run of top tier netball fixtures across the state, including recent appearances by the world champion Australian Diamonds at John Cain Arena and in Bendigo last October.
Netball remains the most widely played team sport for women and girls in Australia, and Melbourne crowds continue to show up. Last year’s Grand Final in the city drew a record crowd of more than 15,000 fans and delivered almost $5.4 million for the Victorian economy.
Off court, the Victorian Government’s partnership with Netball Australia is also paying dividends. Diamonds stars Jo Weston, Sophie Garbin and Kate Moloney are fronting the ‘Every bit different’ tourism campaign, which pairs netball language with iconic Victorian experiences, from spa time in Torquay to coffee in Carlton.
The match adds to a stacked events calendar that includes the Melbourne Fashion Festival, the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival and the Melbourne Winter Masterpieces: Cartier exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria.
“Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia and securing the Super Netball Grand Final means fans will once again experience a blockbuster decider in their own backyard,” said Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Steve Dimopoulos.
“The Suncorp Super Netball League is the highest attended female sporting competition in Australia and the Grand Final is the jewel in the crown, having sold out four years in a row,” said Netball Australia CEO Stacey West.
